Project 2012: Day 330
In looking back over the year, I recognise that there aren’t many South African recipes in my portfolio of Blokes food. Time to fix that 🙂 I have about 5 weeks left.
We’re going to kick off with the best liqueur you’ll ever drink…
…the Dom Pedro
- Vanilla Ice Cream (best quality you can afford)
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 500 ml Thickened Cream
- Scotch Whiskey (decent Golden Rum works here too)
- Cream, Condensed Milk & an equal amount of ice cream into the blender
- Add alcohol until it’s strong enough (typically about 100ml)
- Pour into Liqueur glasses & pop in a straw, umbrella, dust with chocolate powder etc
Project 2012: Day 218
Ok this is the third (and final) recipe I’m borrowing from Matt Preston. Again, like Matt, I like things when they are simple, scrumptious, and healthy. At least 2 out of 3….
This one is. It’s Banana Ice Cream.
- Frozen, peeled, very ripe Bananas – preferably over-ripe
- Scoop into cornells
- Eat quickly
Because of the high sugar content in the bananas, they’ll thaw quickly. So the trick is in reducing latency between freezer and table.
Seriously, how much simpler does it get than that?
Let’s see if we can push the barrow on that one. If you have a favourite, simple, scrumptious recipe, flick it my way. Happy to publish and attribute.