Project 2012: Day 365
Ok. This isn’t just a Christmas holiday recipe. It may not even be a South African recipe. And it certainly isn’t one we’ve had yet.
But it is easy. It sounds yummy. And I plan to indulge this holiday season.
Banana & Blueberry French Toast
- 4 slices white bread
- A good handful of blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs (roughly 1 egg per slice of bread)
- Some milk
- Natural yoghurt or creme fraiche, to serve
- Pop a frying pan onto medium heat, either with a dollop of butter, or some oil
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl
- Mix in the blueberries & the honey
- Beat the eggs in another (shallow) mixing bowl and add a little milk to the mixture
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture allowing it to soak up.
- Place one slice of bread on a board & smear the fruit mixture over the top leaving a space around the edges.
- Pop another slice on top of the first to make a “sandwich”
- Whack it into the frying pan, pressing down with the egg flip
- Fry until golden brown on both sides
Serve hot with the yoghurt, and preferably a side of bacon.
I’ll let you know how they were in 2013.